Software Engineer in Test
As an SET at Camelot you will be responsible for accelerating delivery and improving the quality of software and systems for a company that has raised more than £25B for good causes and puts quality and brand integrity above all else.
You will work as part of a team practicing continuous integration, implementing innovative technical test solutions for both Web, Mobile and REST APIs, supporting engineering best practises.
As an SET you will understand how to leverage test automation frameworks while considering testability, system/environment dependencies and ease of use, for the goal of test validation by both the QA and development teams.
Key Accountabilities or Duties:
- Work as part of a team developing, executing and maintaining Test Frameworks using functional and non-functional test tools aiming to assure quality and increase efficiency of delivery.
- Analyse requirements, specifications, and decompose complex systems to generate automated acceptance and functional tests.
- Select and prioritise applications and functionalities for test automation.
- Implement test tools and utilities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development life-cycle
Skills & Experience:
- The ability to write clear, concise, well-documented code that adheres to commercial standards.
- A good appreciation of coding standards, design best practices and a keen desire to apply them.
- Experience in applying automation frameworks in some of the following tools: Appium,Karma, Protractor, WebDriver, Cucumber or similar.
- Experience in testing RESTful services.
- Knowledge of Web technologies
- Proven ability to come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Great understanding of testing throughout the product lifecycle, both at code-level (unit testing) and application-level (system testing).
- Experience working in a Agile environment practicing continuous integration is desirable.
- Ability to prioritise work according to very aggressive timescales whilst maintaining high quality.
- A high level of attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
- BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is highly desirable