Learning and Development (L&D) Manager
Learning and Development Manager
About Camelot Global
Camelot Global is a provider of technology and consulting services to the international lottery market. With an overriding objective to be a market leader in delivering modern, innovative and flexible solutions, Camelot Global's customer base includes the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe and North America.
We consist of a thriving and agile software development team that is supported by lottery and gaming specialists who all have a passion for growing our customers' businesses by providing rapid and impactful technical and business solutions.
Camelot Global are disrupting the international lottery sector. We take new and innovative technology to a previously conservative industry, allowing lottery organisations to better connect with a new generation of players, run more efficient organisations and, ultimately, donate more money to good causes and player prize funds.
The world of lottery is in a hugely interesting period of development and modernisation, with endless room for innovation and digital progress., It will be a challenging and rewarding journey and we're keen to hear from individuals wanting to join at the very beginning!
About our HR Team:
The HR function is responsible for developing and implementing Camelot Global’s People Strategy and the accompanying advice and operational processes that support all stages of the employee’s life cycle. The outcome of all aspects of HR is to enable a Performance led culture which is values led for our employees. We’re a diverse bunch of people work hard to deliver outcomes but enjoy ourselves at the same time.
About the role:
This core purpose of this role is to provide thought leadership at Functional Director level on the development plan for a performance leading business. Creating and ensuring the delivery of career ladders and development plans that support the Camelot Global Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the HR Director, a key purpose of the role is to be an influential player within the HR senior team and develop and inspire others within the team.
This is a senior role which requires an individual who is able to make effective decisions regarding the development requirements of the business.
In addition, we would expect you to do the following on a day to day basis:
- To work with key business stakeholders to develop and deliver an effective L&D Strategy, which supports the achievement of Camelot Global’s business objectives through maximising the potential of our people and managing talent.
- Creating a professional and proactive service which promotes and supports best practice in L&D and HR.
- To work closely with senior managers to identify learning needs across Camelot Global; and to design and procure relevant learning initiatives and interventions; to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of these, ensuring employees have the necessary skills to deliver strategic business objectives.
- To further develop and maintain Camelot Global’s approach to career management and succession planning.
- Create, roll-out and evaluate exceptional quality learning solutions that combine a variety of media/methodologies in line with the company culture.
- To oversee all employee engagement activity including All hands, Global United and Employee Surveys, opportunities to help develop capability and maximise potential.
- Deliver innovative and effective training sessions and presentations
- To manage the L&D budget
- Establish and maintain third party relationships
We’re looking for an outgoing individual who can excel in the role but also complement our small HR team (8). We expect you to be a leader in the L&D field and have a proven background delivering development material to technology-based communities. In addition, we would love it if you could do the following:
- Strategically align L&D with overall business objectives.
- Demonstrate experience of design and implementation of management development, soft skills and technical skill interventions
- Manage complex projects across multi-site environment
- Influence at all levels, particular focus at senior management level
- Manage budgets
- Operate in an environment of complex organisational and cultural change and employee engagement.