Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
At the Camelot Global Development Centre we build and deliver our interactive platform for lottery gaming, including the National Lottery website and mobile gaming. We are expanding our portfolio with new features on our existing platform as well as building new products and software services and need a Senior DevOps Engineer to ensure we can scale this development out effectively.
Our vision is to be a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. We’re a new company with ambitions of changing the way in which the world engages with its lotteries. What we want to achieve is impossible without an amazing team of people, spanning technology, product development, consulting and sales.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a vital part of the DevOps team, reporting to the DevOps Lead and be working alongside a diverse mix of software developers, client side developers and QA engineers. You will be responsible for building, improving and maintaining the software infrastructure enabling Camelot Global’s lottery services to be deployed, run and operated from development to production to a growing number of lottery operators.
You’ll be finding ways to automate manual processes, streamline existing ones and scale out services to more users and regions without increasing the support and maintenance load. You'll make data driven decisions and be adding instrumentation and monitoring to gather the data you need and make it available to the rest of the team.
You will be based at our Development Centre in Holborn, central London, but will be expected to travel up to visit Camelot’s HQ in Watford from time to time as well as a few trips a year to our Athens development centre and possible client sites around Europe.
We will expect you to have:
- Good Linux skills (CoreOS is a plus)
- Experience running distributed, loosely coupled web applications
- Experience running and troubleshooting a complete software stack written in Java and gathering JVM insights for troubleshooting, tuning
- Basic networking knowledge (BGP experience is a plus), HTTP is a must
- Programming and scripting skills in: Bash, Python, Groovy, (Golang is a plus), use of GIT SCM
- Aptitude to configure and build software runtime environments through code
Must be proficient with
- Linux Containers, Docker/rkt and associated ecosystem of tools
- Prometheus and ElasticSearch
- Comfortable building dashboards based on Grafana and Kibana and gathering actionable insights
- Jenkins CD (especial focus on pipeline feature), the ability to program pipelines in Groovy
Useful to have skills with
- VMWare vSphere
- Configuring hardware Load Balancers, like A10 or F5
- Operational experience with Apache Cassandra
What we will do:
We will provide you with a series of challenging projects together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Most importantly, we will give you the opportunity to work in a culture that is energetic, passionate and innovative and you’ll get to work with some of the most impressive people in technology! Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovation to our team and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in.
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus an annual bonus tied to both your and the company’s performance. In addition we provide a range of other benefits including matched contribution pension up to 7.5%, private medical cover, life assurance, permanent health insurance, subsidised gym membership and childcare vouchers etc. as well as the opportunity to get involved in good causes initiatives and events, team activities, sporting events, theatre and culture events etc.