Senior DevOps Engineers
Our technology powers interactive gaming for some of the world’s largest lotteries. We already handle millions of UK & International website and mobile transactions every day, making us the creator of some of Europe’s busiest e-commerce platforms. Situated centrally in London’s Holborn area, the Camelot Global Tech Hub houses the engineering team responsible for designing and building our innovative tech. It’s a fun and energetic environment, filled with creative personalities focused on solving a uniquely challenging set of problems
Our vision is to be a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. We’re a new company with ambitions of changing the way in which the world engages with its lotteries. What we want to achieve is impossible without an amazing team of people, spanning technology, product development, consulting and sales.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a vital part of the DevOps team, reporting to the DevOps Lead and be working alongside a diverse mix of software developers, client side developers and QA engineers. You will be responsible for building, improving and maintaining the software infrastructure enabling Camelot Global’s lottery services to be deployed, run and operated from development to production to a growing number of lottery operators.
You’ll be finding ways to automate manual processes, streamline existing ones and scale out services to more users and regions without increasing the support and maintenance load. You'll make data driven decisions and be adding instrumentation and monitoring to gather the data you need and make it available to the rest of the team.
You will be based at our in Holborn office, central London, but can expect to travel up to visit Camelot’s HQ in Watford from time to time as well as a few trips a year to our Athens development centre and possible client sites around Europe.
Tech Stack we are looking for:
- Good Linux skills (CoreOS is a plus)
- Experience running distributed, loosely coupled web applications
- Experience running and troubleshooting a complete software stack written in Java and gathering JVM insights for troubleshooting, tuning
- Basic networking knowledge (BGP experience is a plus), HTTP is a must
- Programming and scripting skills in: Bash, Python, Groovy, (Golang is a plus), use of GIT SCM
- Aptitude to configure and build software runtime environments through code
Must be proficient with
- Linux Containers, Docker/rkt and associated ecosystem of tools
- Prometheus and ElasticSearch
- Comfortable building dashboards based on Grafana and Kibana and gathering actionable insights
- Jenkins CD (especial focus on pipeline feature), the ability to program pipelines in Groovy
Useful to have skills with
- VMWare vSphere
- Configuring hardware Load Balancers, like A10 or F5
- Operational experience with Apache Cassandra
Keeping ahead in such a fast growing technology space is not for the faint hearted and requires individuals who:
- Can take ownership of a concept and see it through to delivery
- Communicate openly and consider how their work impacts others
- Recognise when progress is better than perfection
- Can trust their instincts in favour of analysing every decision
- Challenge and don’t just accept the status quo
- Risk taking a new approach if it makes sense rather than sticking to what they know
All the while recognising that our product’s integrity is key to our and our customers’ success.
If you are an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first, then you will thrive in this environment . Please apply and one of our colleagues in HR will reach out to you directly.