Interim Head of Software Engineering (6+ month contract)
At Camelot Global we build and deliver our interactive platform for lottery gaming, mobile channels and an increasing suite of other products for our global lottery and gaming client base
At Camelot Global, the Head of Software is a temporary position within our Senior Technology Leadership team to bring extensive software and architecture knowledge to support the growth of our engineering capability as well as bringing creativity to solve the most complex and intriguing software engineering problems. You will report into our Senior Director of Software Engineering and work alongside other “Heads of” peers to ensure alignment and consistency across their disciplines of Architecture, Business Analysis, Testing, BI/CRM and Delivery.
Our vision is to be a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. We’re a dynamic company with ambitions of changing the way in which the world engages with its lotteries. What we want to achieve is impossible without an amazing team of people, spanning sales, technology, consulting and product development. We hope you can be part of this team. If you have the ability to lead a team of developers through inspiring them through your own actions as a hands ofn leader in technology then this will be the perfect opportunity.
The experience we need to see from you is:
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of the Agile software development lifecycle, specifically the design and build of scalable, robust and secure digital products.
- Be a hands on technology leader! You should be able to lead by example and either code & geek with the best of our developers
- Great design and problem solving skills, with demonstrable experience in building simple implementations to complex problems.
- Leading and growing high performance geographically dispersed software development teams.
- Experience of several of the following development technologies:
- Automated testing
- SOA and RESTful API’s
- CI/CD pipelines
- Web development and infrastructures
- Mobile application development
- Various databases (Apache Cassandra, Postgres, etc)
- Cloud computing (AWS)