Software Delivery Lead - Mobile
Software Delivery Lead - Mobile
What we do:
Our technology powers interactive gaming for one of the world’s largest lotteries. It already handles millions of UK website and mobile transactions every day, making it one of Europe’s busiest e-commerce platforms. Now we’re taking it global.
Situated in the heart of London’s Holborn, we are the engineering hub for Camelot Global. It’s a fun and energetic environment, filled with creative personalities focused on solving a uniquely challenging set of problems.
Keeping ahead in such a fast growing technology space is not for the faint hearted and requires individuals who:
- Can take ownership of a concept and see it through to delivery
- Communicate openly and consider how their work impacts others
- Recognise when progress is better than perfection
- Can trust their instincts in favour of analysing every decision
- Challenge and don’t just accept the status quo
- Risk taking a new approach if it makes sense rather than sticking to what they know
- All the while recognising that our product’s integrity is key to our success
About the role:
As a Software Delivery Lead at Camelot, you will be responsible for the day to day running of an agile software delivery team (4-7 people), delivering products and enhancements on our next generation lottery gaming platform.
You will be both responsible for organising and tracking the work for your team as well as drawing on your analytical skills to ensure that what we build fulfils the needs of the business and aligns with our vision for both our UK and International clients.
You are interpersonal and diplomatic and just as happy to get under the hood (a bit!) to understand more about how the technology works, as you are to get to the real business drivers through working with your commercial stakeholders. Through these relationships, you will identify what our software needs to achieve, how it will be used and work with all parties to generate the ideas and detail the development teams need to deliver value. Through time, you will become an invaluable source of knowledge, ideas and pragmatism to help drive the Company and its products forwards.
We’re looking for passionate, inquisitive and dedicated individuals who will become integral members of a talented and ambitious team. In return, you’ll get to help the business drive the requirements, specification and delivery of the next generation of lottery products that will make the digital lottery future engaging, meaningful and fun and maximise the funds lotteries can give back to society.
Key Accountabilities or Duties:
- Drive the solution: Facilitate workshops and discussions to generate ideas and agree requirements for specific backlog items
- Feed the pipeline: Work with Product Owners to maintain a prioritised backlog of enhancements, features and defects
- Keep it simple: Collaborate with the Product Owners to specify lean requirements, which do ‘just enough’ to achieve their aim.
- Know the ‘why’: Understand the rationale behind the requirements so you can help the business negotiate effectively across the minutia.
- Analyse the Impact: Assess the impact of upcoming features, enhancements and MVT tests to facilitate successful release planning.
- Support technical design: Provide a valuable sense-check for technical design decisions, using knowledge across the whole backlog to future-proof decisions.
- Champion quality: Knowing inside out what working software should look like and work with the Product Owners and development team to drive speedy defect resolution.
- Communicate: Use open and honest communication to engage, get buy in and bring people with you.
- Foster collaboration: Facilitate direct communication between the Product Owner(s) and the Engineering Team during the build to enhance the quality of feedback and, ultimately, the Product.
About your background:
- Experience of working with teams in using an agile methodology (we broadly follow Scrum with delivery leads tweaking as necessary depending on the nature of the work)
- Track record of creativity, innovation and pragmatism in a technically challenging environment
- Examples of success in managing complexity, ambiguity and prioritising competing interests
- Facilitation experience, with ability to manage and resolve conflict
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the creation of clear software requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and business view point
- Working knowledge of web/mobile technologies and the characteristics of high performing and available systems
- A degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Whilst not essential, knowledge of managing the life cycle of an application through the Google and Apple App Stores with an understanding of the process for submitting and resolving issues with submissions.