Senior Data Engineer
Camelot Global has ambitious plans to drive growth in its global lotteries through data. Camelot is investing in marketing leading people, technology and platforms to build a real time Big Data platform that supports reporting, analytics and CRM. Through analytics we will drive product development and optimise customer acquisition, retention and experience on our web, mobile and retail channels.
As part of our small and highly agile Global BI and CRM product unit you will be a key member of the team and their objective is to build a full omni channel analytics and CRM capability supporting both greenfield and complex integrations to existing legacy architectures for Lottery customers. To be successful, you will have to have worked with traditional data warehousing, ERP systems, high volume e-commerce sites, digital marketing data sets and a variety of BI and Analytic tools. Some of the great things you will be doing with us are as follows:
- To architect robust data ingestion streams for real time data processing and analytics
- Develop ETL, ELT routines for structured analytics
- Develop a range of integrations such as SQL over Big Data, APIs to support broader ecosphere
- Work with software developers to enhance gaming platform integration
- Lead the development of data pipelines, models and integrations
- Define and implement data retention and security
- Lead adoption of new integration and data technologies
- Input into the Big Data roadmap and strategy
The experience we need from you:
- Experience of developing high volume data integrations using a variety of techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Big Data querying such as Hive, Apache Drills and Impala is great but not essential
- Hands on experience of AWS services especially within DynamoDB, SQS, Lambda, S3, Aurora
- Experience with ERP, Ecommerce and CRM integrations over a range of interfaces and formats including RBMS, JSON.
- Strong experience with performance tuning and monitoring techniques at an application and data platform level
- Highly developed data modelling, SQL skills
- Experience with CI/CD Tools such as Jenkins, Maven & Git.
- Knowledge or desire to learn Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks