Senior Big-Data Engineer
Senior Big-Data Engineer
About Our Company
Camelot Global Services is a provider of technology and consulting services to the international lottery market. With an overriding objective to be a market leader in delivering modern, innovative and flexible solutions, Camelot Global’s customer base includes the UK, Ireland, mainland Europe and North America.
We consist of a thriving and agile software development team that is supported by lottery and gaming specialists who all have a passion for growing our customers’ businesses by providing rapid and impactful technical and business solutions.
Camelot Global are disrupting the international lottery sector. We take new and innovative technology to a previously conservative industry, allowing lottery organisations to better connect with a new generation of players, run more efficient organisations and, ultimately, donate more money to good causes and player prize funds.
About Our Team
Part of the Global BI and CRM product unit. The team’s objective is to build a full omni channel analytics and CRM capability supporting both greenfield and complex integrations to existing legacy architectures for Lottery customers
About The Role
Our BI & CRM product unit is one of our most recently formed teams and there is a huge amount of space for innovation and the opportunity to bring new products to market.
This role will be central to shaping the collection, storing, processing, and analysis of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on architecting optimal solutions for data streams, then developing, testing, implementing, and deploying them to our international clients. The role will lead data integration with CRM solutions and work closely with analysts.
In addition, we would expect someone to:
- Lead the development of data pipelines, models and integrations
- Define and implement data retention and security
- Lead adoption of new integration and data technologies
- Input into the Big Data roadmap and strategy
- Champion best practice and standardisation of development
- Deliver best in class solutions in terms of robustness, recovery and resilience
- Deliver analytic led business outcomes across the group
In our view, a great big-data engineer will take a product view of their deliverables and provide 3rd line support to clients to help monitor, diagnose and continuously improve our data products. Ideally, their background will involve having worked with traditional data warehousing, ERP systems, high volume e-commerce sites, digital marketing data sets and a variety of BI and Analytic tools. In addition, we also look for:
- Experience of developing high volume data integrations using a variety of techniques and technologies
- Experience with ERP, Ecommerce and CRM integrations over a range of interfaces and formats including RBMS, JSON, XML and file
- Experience with distributed computing platforms
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Strong experience with performance tuning and monitoring techniques at an application and data platform level
- Highly developed data modelling, SQL skills with good knowledge of Big Data querying such as Hive, Apache Drills and Impala
- Good working knowledge of Spark, MapReduce and HDFS
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MaprDB and Mongo
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as MLib
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks
We are an exciting start up business with a massive opportunity to grow across multiple continents. If you have the above experience and want to work in a company where everyone mucks in, regardless of seniority, then get in touch.